Airplane makers continually strive to lightweight components for increased fuel efficiency — and Wabash presses are ideally suited to those efforts to replace metals with composite materials. Our presses are particularly suited to producing large interior aircraft components — including overhead bins, side walls, galley parts and more.
Virtually all Wabash presses are involved in some aspect of testing and producing components for the aerospace industry, including:
- Carbon fiber, rubber and plastic parts
- Helicopter tail rotor blades
- Drone and missile parts
- Crush core/honeycomb components
- Aerospace plywood components
- Connectors and cabling for ground power units
- NASA R&D work
Ranging from half-ton to 1,000-ton units, Wabash presses cover a lot of ground for aerospace applications — from the lab to compression molding and transfer molding.