LABORATORY / R&D
No matter the industry, Carver and Wabash presses are trusted, indispensable tools for researchers and developers around the world — including at the top national labs and universities in the U.S. In fact, many of our customers feature presses in their in-house R&D labs for uses including batch testing of materials before big production runs.
As the world’s leading lab presses, Wabash equipment performs some of the most demanding research processes, including:
- Materials research for ceramics, composites, construction materials, powder metals, printed circuit boards, rubber, silicone and other elastomers, thermoplastic resins and thermosets
- Quality and performance testing of physical properties: compression strength, flexural strength, flow and color dispersion
- Laboratory testing: ASTM test plaque or bar molds for polyethylene and polypropylene
- Destructive testing
- Chemicals testing
- Battery development for electric vehicles (EVs)
- Lamination testing for wood alternatives (plastic planking, decking, veneers) and vinyl flooring and tiles.
- Other applications: composite molding, compression molding, crushing, laminating, encapsulation, extrusion, forming, insert pressing, insert molding, splice molding, transfer molding, and vulcanizing specialized applications