Experience faster set-up times and improved safety with the new Carrier Console from Wabash MPI
Quick Die Change (QDC) is one of the most widely recognized lean manufacturing methods. Carrier Consoles allow our customers to place their molds on these extensions and roll them into the press for easier mold changes. They can be fitted to virtually any press either during initial build or retrofitted in the field. The consoles can then be easily removed from the machine with a “no-tool” operation.
- Spring roller rails in the platens assist with quick die change
- Easily removable to allow clear access after mold installation
- Sizes available for platens from 15″ x 15″ to 36″ x 36″
- Order and have your Carrier Console fitted during production on new orders
- Able to be field retrofitted to presses already in operation
- Carrier Console connects to mounted hangers on the front of the press
- Mounting plate with vertical adjustment
- Rails can be designed to support molds weighing up to 4,500 lbs.
- Consoles are available up to 40” long with optional transition sections to bridge any gap between the platens and the console